This position is responsible for the design, assembly and controls integration of machines for custom automation projects.
The candidate should be able to:
- Meet with the customer to determine their needs.
- Originate and refine machine concepts to provide the best solution.
- Orchestrate and augment the mechanical design of the equipment.
- Manage the purchasing, assembly, controls integration, acceptance testing and installation of equipment.
Candidate should have a working knowledge of SolidWorks, AutoCAD and automation software programming for PLCs. This will include PLC Ladder logic, device configuration, communications configuration and integration of unlike devices.
- Research components and devices for integration into equipment.
- Design various mechanical components for fabrication.
- Sourcing of vendors/contractors for purchased and custom components.
- Management of out-sourced activities for completion and delivery.
- Originate new and integrate existing software for system control and implementation.
- Qualify the final automated systems for customer buy-off.
- Create documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering with emphasis on Mechatronics.
- 5+ years of experience in automation development, design and implementation.
- Design experience with SolidWorks.
- Strong technical knowledge of programming languages and hardware interfaces.
- Experience with PLC programming (Ladder Logic) and hardware (Allen-Bradley).
- Experience with electro-mechanical design.
- Experience in C++ or Visual Basic a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
MAIL: DPSS Lasers Inc.
2525 Walsh Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95051
FAX: (408) 988.4305